Many Android users face the message blocking problem with the message “Message Blocking is active” several times. It is a really annoying thing when you want to send an urgent message. But to solve this problem, you need to know the meaning of message blocking in your Android Smartphone.
A text message is an essential part of communicating with others. For this issue to be resolved, however, we must study it properly and explore how to overcome it. On the other hand, you can also block unwanted messages on your Android mobile. Here, I come with all the information on this matter.
Table of Contents
What do you mean by “Message Blocking is active” on Android?
Generally, text message blocking Android means that a person cannot send or receive the text message on his/her Android device. However, you can get this message for several factors. To solve this problem, you have to know them properly.
Read More: How to Connect WiFi Password in Mobile
- You may find the message blocking active error when you block others. In this case, you will find this notification when you try to send a message to this person. Besides, if the receiver himself blocks you from his/her list, you also see this error message.
- Another cause is a service outage. When you are out of the service or network, this error message can appear. For this, you can wait for several minutes or hours to allow the network provider to solve this issue.
- Besides, if the recipient restricts people to the sent message, you cannot send him an SMS and face it. Again, some apps bring issues of sending and receiving messages.
- It is a good idea to check the plan that you have subscribed to. If your plan is at Data only mode, you can easily face that your messages are not sending, and you get the error message.
- Besides, confirm that you are using a premium service for text messaging. If your carrier does not allow premium text message service, you must face the error problem.
Can I fix “Message Blocking is active” on Android?
Yes, it is possible to fix message blocking in Android smartphones. You know that there are many reasons for this issue. So, the first thing you have to do is to find out the actual cause. If you can do that, you can then take the next step. So, to fix message blocking in your device, your main task is to realize the actual cause.
Ways to fix “Message Blocking is active” on your Android device
There are several steps that you can take to solve message blocking is active in an Android device. So, according to your possible causes, you can follow them. At first, learn the reasons.
- Check the coverage area of your device. If the area is listed as none, you cannot send or receive messages and calls on the phone.
- Go to the Settings option of your phone and check that your phone is active. If you see that the status is Suspended, Still Porting, you cannot send or receive texts.
- You learn previously that if your plan does not contain “Can send or receive text messages,” you will get the error message while sending texts to others. So, you have to enable those options from the Setting menu of the device. Besides, check that the SIM number is active.
- If you face this error while sending international messages, you must check the country code. You can simply do this task from Google. Ensure that you are using the correct one.
- Check the number of the receiver. When you find that the message sending error is occurring to a specific number, you should do it. So, make the number correct or re-save it and then retry to send the messages.
- Another way is to make yourself unblock from the blocklist. For this, you should tell the person to unblock you. To make sure that the person unblocks you, you can make a call. If your call does not connect, you are on the blacklist. So, then you need to try another way. However, if you are able to make a call, then you are not on the blacklist.
- Sometimes, non-plain text messages cause error problems. So, you can try only plain texts to find out the reason.
- At last, you can remove the SIM card from your device and restart it. Then again, try to send SMS.
How to unblock message blocking
If you want to unblock someone on your Android mobile phone, tap the messages icon. Now touch the Menu bar that is at the top-right corner of the screen. It is like a three-dot. Now find out the option called “Spammed and Blocked.” When you tap it, you will find the numbers that you have been blocked.
Now touch the desired numbers and hold them to unblock. After selecting the numbers, tap the delete button and then OK. Thus you easily unblock someone to avoid message blocking while sending text messages to some persons.
Sometimes, you may forget that you have blocked someone from the call history to avoid his/her call and messages. If you want to get the person back, you can also do this. For this, open the dialer icon. Then go to the Menu by tapping the three-dots. Now, tap the “Blocked numbers” option. Here you will find the desired person. Tap on his number and press the unblock button to make it free.
We see that getting “message blocking is active” in the Android device is not a rare case. If you face this boring issue, you can now quickly solve the problem. But it can take your time to find out the leading cause. However, follow the guide and solve the issue. It is not a hard job. Here I describe the possible reasons for message blocking. So, find out a similar reason and try to solve the problem according to the guide.