In Greek, the letter Omega (Ω) represents an ending, as opposed to the Greek letter Alpha (α), which represents a beginning. Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
Omega on the Android Mobile Phone
You can find the symbol omega (Ω) on the iPhone and Android keyboards.
In this article, we will outline the steps to make the omega symbol using your Google Gboard keyboard app, the default keyboard for the Google Pixel range, and Android phones. Without further ado, here are the steps on how to type omega (Ω) on your Android phone.
How to Type an Omega Symbol On Android
In order to type an omega symbol on an Android phone, follow the steps on your phone’s keyboard below:
- Tap ?123
- Tap =\<
- Hold the pi symbol (π) long enough
- Select the leftmost symbol (the omega symbol) Ω
How to Copy and Paste Omega Text
In case you would like to save time and simply copy and paste the omega symbol, simply click on the text below. It will copy the content to your personal clipboard, from which you can choose where to paste it. You can copy-paste the characters on Instagram, Facebook, blog posts, text messages, and more.
To copy and paste an omega symbol text, simply click the text below and copy it to your clipboard.
|Copy Ω||Copy omega symbol|
What does the Omega Symbol mean?
Omega (Ω) may represent destruction or the end, but it is generally seen as a positive symbol.
- The symbol Ω represents the big or capital letter omega.
- The symbol ω represents the small omega.
During the early Church, Alpha and Omega became symbolically significant for Christ and were used as symbols of his comprehensiveness (“I am the first and the last” from Isa 44:6). Despite the fact that the Omega symbol comes from the ancient Greek world and represents a value of 800 in their number system, its meaning is no longer limited to that.
The use of the Omega symbol (Ω) has spread to a variety of fields, including astrology, physics, chemistry, language, computer science, mathematics, and others. Here are some examples of the uses of omega:
- The omega symbol Ω may also be used for ohm, which is a unit of electric resistance between two points of a conductor.
- In astronomy, Omega Ω refers to the density of the universe.
- In mathematics, the omega function Ω may refer to the lower bound in Big O notation, the prime omega function, the Lambert W function, and absolute infinity.
- In computer science, the big Omega function Ω is used to describe the performance or complexity of an algorithm.
Today, the Omega symbol (Ω) can also be found in the logo of the Swiss luxury watchmaker Omega SA.