A few days ago, my mom called me and said I called her, but I told her that I didn’t call her. some days, more of my friends told me that I called them, but I didn’t have any clue.
So, I did research and found that it happens with lots of people, and their Android phone makes calls on its own.
However, I have fixed my phone, and you can also do that with my guidelines.
Table of Contents
Why My Cell Phone Is Calling Random Numbers?
Well, we all know that phones don’t make phone calls on their own.
There could be many reasons behind this, such as:
- Someone, your friend or others, could be playing a prank on you.
- You have been hacked, and someone else is controlling your Android phone remotely. That person is most probably doing it by using the Bluetooth radio. If it is the issue, then you should immediately fix it.
- Malware also could be an issue for random calls. There are many malware available that will take control of your phone and dial calls or send text messages to others.
How to Fix Android Phone That Makes Calls on Its Own
If you are an Android user and your phone is calling others on its own, then you are having a great problem. Now, let me tell you how you can solve the problem for your Android device, especially if you are a Samsung user.
First, let me tell you that your phone is not supposed to call on its own. But, if it does, then something is triggering your phone to make those calls.
However, you can perform these troubleshooting steps to solve this issue:
Remove the Case and Screen Protector
Your phone has a case and screen protector. Now, I will suggest you remove them. That is because those could cause a problem. After doing this, you must observe if this problem still occurs.
Disable the Direct Call Feature
The direct call feature of the phone allows the user to hold the phone up close to the ear and contact whose contact and message detail is on the screen will be dialed.
However, the problem that you are facing could be happening for this feature.
- First, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen from the Home screen.
- Press on Settings.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Find and press the direct call option.
- Then touch the slider and turn off the direct call.
Does the Issue Occur in Safe Mode?
An application that you have downloaded can cause this problem. Now, if this is the issue, then you should start using your phone in safe mode.
To start the safe mode, follow these steps:
- You need to press and hold the Power button until the Power off prompt appears and releases.
- Hold the Power off button until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.
- Press on the Safe mode option to confirm.
So, you have successfully started the Safe mode. Now, you must keep a close eye on your phone and make sure to observe the issue still occurs or not. If it doesn’t, then it most probably happened for a downloaded app.
Backup and Factory Reset
If these solutions are not helping at all, then you should try the factory reset option that will surely fix the issue. But, you need to backup all your data first.
Otherwise, your data will be erased permanently.
- Swipe up on an empty spot and open the Apps tray from the Home screen.
- Go to Settings > Cloud and accounts > Backup and restore.
- Press the following sliders to set the settings you want: Back up my data and Automatic restore.
- Press the Back key as long as you reach the main Settings menu.
- Select General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Now, you have to scroll down to the screen and press on the RESET, then DELETE ALL.
- If you have a screen lock feature on, then you must enter your credentials.
- Then you will be asked to enter the password of your account that you have to and press on CONFIRM.
- Wait for a few minutes to finish the reset process.
Is Malware Causing Android Phone to Call Automatically?
In the above article, I already mentioned that malware could also be the reason that your phone is making it automatically.
There are lots of malware available on the internet that will harm your phone and hamper your privacy. At the same time, they will make calls all on their own.
Now, how on earth did you get that malware? There are five reasons that are responsible for you getting malware on your phone. These are as follows:
- If you download any malicious applications.
- If you open any suspicious emails.
- If you use a device with operating system vulnerabilities.
- If you receive voicemail or text message phishing.
- If you use non-secure URLs or Wi-Fi.
How to Stop That Malware
You can follow these tips and stop that malware and stop your phone from making calls automatically:
- Never ever jailbreak your Android device. That is because jailbreaking of any device removes lots of built-in security. However, with jailbreaking, you may be able to do many more things. But, it makes the device more vulnerable to attack.
- You should use a VPN or Virtual Private Network to create a secure tunnel, which will let you, access and share info over public networks securely.
- Always remember that download all necessary applications from reliable and reputable sources. That is because unofficial sources are store-house of malware.
- You must encrypt all your data if you have sensitive data on your device. All your data will remain secure.
- Use a vulnerability scanner to check the vulnerability of your phone. That is because you can’t tell your phone is vulnerable or not.
- Time-to-time updates your software, apps, and even hardware so that your phone doesn’t get that malware at all.
Conclusion: Android Phone Makes Calls on Its Own
I hope now you are clear why your Android phone makes calls on its own. In addition to that, the solution that I have stated will surely fix your device.
However, if you are still having issues, then take your phone to the nearest service center.