The speed of a computer depends on many factors. If you ask me “why is my computer so slow and how to fix this issue?”, I recommend you the first thing is to find out the exact reason and fix it as soon as possible to boost up the performance. Although it happens for various reasons, most of the time, we get those problems on our devices for a few reasons. In this article, I have included all of them with the solution. Keep your eyes until the end of the article.
Why is My Computer so Slow all of a Sudden
Your computer is so slow because it has not enough RAM or programs have used most of the resources. In this case, you have to delete the unnecessary things and uninstall all the unused apps so that a lot of hard disk space can be free. If you have enough free space on your device, your computer will not slow down suddenly.
Although there are many more things to consider, you can do this first. If you feel that you are not getting the desired results, you have to take a different approach. If you are a new user, I would advise you to do things carefully; otherwise, it may be the opposite.
Recommended for you: How to protect your computer from malware
Computer Running Slow Windows 7
If you are a Windows 7 user and have problems like this and are looking for a solution, you can follow these few things. In most cases, Windows 7 has this problem due to the upgrade. So I will tell you if you have enough space on your computer and the specification is enough then update the version as soon as possible. Hopefully, after updating, you will get the desired result and can use it without any problem. If the specification is not enough, it is better not to update because the updated files are a little heavy.
Computer Running Slow Windows 7 All Sudden
In the case of Windows 7, if the computer slows down and there is a sudden problem in the middle of the work, then the solution depends on the type of problem. It is not possible to say the exact solution if you cannot find the right problem. However, in most cases, Windows 7 (Pre-installed) devices are a bit weak in specifications. If you think that your computer does not have enough specifications, but many apps are installed, then the first thing to do is to change the hard disk. It is best to install an SSD. And if the processor seems to be enough, you can boost the performance by applying it.
Recommended for you: How to protect your computer from Virus
Why is My Laptop so Slow Windows 8
Generally, laptops are a bit weaker in terms of performance than desktops. However, if you think that the device was working well at first but is now slowly slowing down, you must understand that there is a new problem. You need to check if the Windows 8 version of your laptop’s operating system is genuine. If you are using the cracked version, you will not get the latest updates; and if you can’t update for a long time, the device will slowly slow down due to the bug. Although genuine Windows is installed on high-quality laptops, it must consider if you are going to buy a low priced laptop.
Recommended for you: How to keep your computer safe from hackers and unauthorized access
Why Is My Computer So Slow Windows 10
Currently, Windows 10 is the latest version in which users can enjoy all kinds of futures. If you are a Windows 10 user and think that your computer is working much slower than before, it is very annoying. I have mentioned a few steps below to solve this problem. Although not all steps may apply to your device, you may need to make some changes if you want to get rid of it.
- Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers.
- Restart your PC and open only the apps you need
- Use ReadyBoost to help improve performance.
- Make sure the system is managing the page file size.
- Check for low disk space and free up space.
- Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
- Pause OneDrive syncing
- Disable unnecessary startup programs
- Check for and remove viruses and malware.
- Restore your PC from a system restore point
Recommended for you: Take Advantage Of 10 Ways To Protect Your Computer
Computer Startup Slow Windows 10
If you notice that your computer runs very slowly during startup or takes a long time to boot, it’s essential to reduce it. The settings for each version of Windows have to be done differently. However, if you are a Windows 10 user, follow the instructions below and adjust the settings.
- Click the “Start” button and type power.
- From the search result, choose “Power & sleep settings”.
- In the Settings window, scroll down and click “Additional power settings”.
- In the left side of the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do”.
- Click the link “Change settings that are currently available” Then, you are allowed to change the shutdown settings.
- Uncheck “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and choose “Save changes”.
Why is My HP Laptop so Slow
There are many types of laptops on the market today, but HP is a trendy brand. If you are a lover of that brand and use their laptops, you think that it’s a little bit slower. There is no need to worry about it. If you know the reason, you can quickly solve it. Your hp laptop may work slower for the following reasons.
- Your Hard Drive Is Low on Space
- Your Antivirus Software Is Extremely Active
- You’re Running Too Many Programs at Once
- Corrupted Windows System Files
- You Have Too Many Startup Programs
Why Is My Computer So Slow Mac
Although Mac devices are ahead of other competitors in terms of speed and performance, it has been observed at times that these devices are also slowly slowing down. Although there are many reasons behind this, you should try your best to optimize and use your device. This shouldn’t be a problem if you use it according to your space. In most cases, the following factors can cause your Mac to slow down.
- You put off updates for too long
- The hard-drive is almost full
- There are too many apps running at once
- You haven’t restarted your Mac in a long time
- You restarted your Mac with a ton of apps open
- The cache is overloaded
Why is My New Laptop so Slow
Usually, the performance of the new device is exceptionally excellent. In most cases, new laptops do not work slowly, but in your case, it’s slow, which is unfortunate. But the problem is when you don’t know the exact reason why your laptop is working too slow. I have highlighted some of the reasons from my experience. But first, I will tell you to uninstall unnecessary pre-installed software and delete large unnecessary files on disk. Then you can see a lot of change.
- Too Many Programs Running at Once
- Overheating is Burning Your Laptop
- Not enough computing power
- Mechanical hard drive
It is best to install a new SSD if your device has an additional SSD slot. Then you will see that the speed of your device has increased and you can work as you wish.
Why is My New Dell Laptop So Slow
Using a slow laptop is a very annoying thing, especially when you are in a hurry. And if the laptop is new, then there is a lot of bad feelings. If you have bought a brand new laptop and are experiencing a loading problem and can’t find any cause for that problem, you can apply the following solutions. Hopefully, the problem will be solved. However, in this case, the laptop’s specifications, i.e., the processor and RAM, and the hard disk, are also considered.
- Close resource-hungry programs
- Disable startup programs
- Turn off unnecessary animations
- Update your device drivers
- Uninstall unwanted programs
- Transparent temporary/junk files
- Increase your virtual memory
- Verify the integrity of your hard disk
- Reinstall your Windows system
Why Is My Lenovo Laptop so Slow
If your Lenovo laptop works slow, then you need to solve it immediately. There are many reasons behind the slow working of any type of device, not just a laptop. Most of the time, the solution also depends on the reason. But here are some of the most important and commonly used solutions that will make your Lenovo laptop faster when applied.
- Get rid of preloaded programs to speed up startup.
- Make sure your Lenovo is free of malware.
- Clean up the disk drive
- Less multitasking, fewer frozen times
- Upgrade hardware for real performance boost
- Know your Lenovo and use it wisely
- Disable unnecessary startup
- Clean out the dust
- Check memory usage
Why Is My Asus Laptop so Slow
The main reason behind the fast of a laptop is the processor RAM and other issues, including the amount of hard disk. If your laptop’s equipment is a weak or low specification, then your laptop will work slow. When everything is okay, and the equipment is enough, then the following reasons may be behind it.
- You Need to Update Your Operating System
- You Need to Update Your Hard Drive
- You Have Too Many Temporary Files
- Your Laptop is Infected with Malware
- You Need to Update Your Operating System
Why is my internet so slow
Merely telling your laptop slow and improving speed may not solve the problem. Because when you are browsing online or doing any work on the internet, the laptop seems to be slow, then one of the reasons behind this may be your internet connection. Because if your internet connection is slow, you will not get speed no matter what type of device you are browsing with. In this case, the first thing to do is to determine why your internet is slow. Here’s why:
- You’re on an overloaded channel
- You need a better plan
- You don’t have enough horsepower
- You don’t know your Mbps
- Your router is cheap
- Your computer has a virus
- Background programs are eating up bandwidth
- Other devices are causing interference
- Your WiFi is in the wrong spot.
When I enjoy more speed, it’s essential to fix all of the mentioned issues. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make your laptop or PC speedy. So try those from today and make your browsing experience better than ever.